The data source structure is described on the demo sheets.
Google spreadsheet Timeline_DEMO contains several sheets that will be described below
The timeline sheet contains data for all three cases flagged by categories. By clicking on the Copy button the current record gets copied to the sheet edit.
Current line can be edited in more detail and pasted back to the timeline sheet. Description button shows the contents of the description field in case html has been used.
Contains various lists e.g. colors, categories etc.
The sheet gets generated when the Gannt visualisation option has been chosen
Visualisations can be generated from the config sheetby choosing the category and visualisation type, clicking on the button RUN Visualisation. Actual visualisation can be seen by pressing Result-Visualisation after the message Finished script appears.
Timeline sheet columns
One line of the seeht describes one event
- category: text from the list values on the lists sheet
- date_from: mandatory starting date of the event in the form of YYYY-MM_DD (e.g. 2021-01-20)
- date_to: ending date of the event, not mandatory
- headline: short text describing the event
- description: longer text. It can include html code. Links to the url listed further in the form [urlx, text] gets translated to a hyperlink. E.g. [url1,Link] gets converted to a hyperlink to the website listed in the field url1.
- color: pick the color from the colorlist on the lists sheet
- note: short text useful as a caption for the photo
- link: link to a website related to the descriptiom
- url1 – 5: description can contain max 5 urls (see description)
There are buttons on some sheets that perform specific actions by clicing on the left button.
You can move the buttons to the appropriate place by clicking on the right mouse button.
Buttons can be run also by following macro keyes.