Web application timeline4.life serves for viewing, editing and sharing Google sheet data on the Mobile and Desktop and convert the data into various visualization formats.
View, edit and share
Click on the Insert button. A new row will be created in your timelines menu.
- Urlname: unique name of the timeline, mandatory
- Sheetname: name of the sheet in the spreadsheet, mandatory
- Sharing: (see the sharing chapter below), optional
- Note: your note, optional
- Sheet URL: paste the url of the Google sheet, mandatory
If you want to see only a part of the timeline you can do it by using browser parameters e.g.:
- show category Cats: https://timeline4.life/?t=demo&c=Cats
- search for tesla: https://timeline4.life/?t=demo&s=tesla
- show flagged data: https://timeline4.life/?t=demo&f=Y
- combine parameters: https://timeline4.life/?t=demo&c=Edison&f=Y&s=tesla and edison
Various conversions of the target sheet can be done by the Conversion configuration tool timeline4life/convert
- Check the examples by clicking on the Demo radio button
- Click on the Help button and follow the instructions.
- Push First row button for creating your first row in the configuration database.
You can work with the copied templates temporarily; however it is recommended to make following changes:
- Open the copied template
- File/Make a copy, rename the sheet and accept the "Share with the same people"
- Then open the new spreadsheet and remove the editor rights from email@example.com