Obtaining the key #
Register on the Login page and obtain the Timeline key via email
Creating Timeline source sheet #
- Open the Timeline template
- the Timeline template contains a simple 3 lines history of my cats (they are actually pure fiction :-).
- File/Make a copy of the spreadsheet and rename it as you wish
- Share to: email@example.com with Editor option
Creating Flippity target sheet #
- Create new google sheet and name it by your choice e.g. My_Flippity_Timeline
- Share it to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Editor option
- File/Publish to the Web, confirm Publish
- Go to the config sheet
- replace YourKey by the key you obtained after the registration
- replace YourFlippityURL by the full url of the Flippity spreadsheet
Running timeline 1st time #
- go to sheet config, pick Template=YES and Run Visualisation
- choose your Google account
- pick Advanced and then Goto Timeline (Unsafe)
- on Make sure You Trust Timeline click on Allow
- pick template=NO
- click on Run Visualisation once more
- script should run and Finnish
- click on Result
Edit data #
Edit some demo data (e.g. headline) on the timeline sheet and Run Visualisation to check whether the change got propagated
Creating other targets #
- Repeat the same for Knightlab as for Flippity.
- Gannt doesn’t need any target spreadsheet, the visualisation is on the gannt sheet.
- Ninja tables and Site2sheet require special templates are part of the paid services
Too complicated? #
Subscribe to Premium and the target sheets will be provided to you.